Drawn and Quarterly Your Shopping Cart
Home About Artists Shop Events Press New Blog 211 Bernard Store Blog
Friday, February 17, 2012

Guy Delisle's Angoulême Finale

Comics taken from Guy's blog


Panel 1: [at the hotel] I try to take a nap before the awards ceremony

stress

Panel 2: "I'd like to thank everyone who… and more specifically… without forgetting…"

Panel 3: I needed to rest

Panel 1: RING

That's gotta be Maud coming to pick me up

Panel 2: "Look, my boyfriend gave me a beautiful shirt for you!"

"hmmmm…"

Panel 3: "That was nice of him, but I don't know if this is my style…"

"It's very good.."

"Try it on, you'll see."

Panel 4: "Wait, I'm going to show you what I have, and you tell me what you think?"

Panel 1: Sniff Sniff

Panel 2:

Panel 3: "OK fine."

"Let's see your shirt…"

Panel 4:

Panel 1: "I'd like to thank…"

Panel 2: "…and more specifically…"

Panel 3: "..without forgetting…"

Panel 4: "So, does it work?"

Panel 1: "Your pants are too big."

Panel 2: "Well, let's go… We've got to go!"

Panel 3: The theatre

Panel 4: The awards ceremony goes at a brisk pace. The few people who stayed until Sunday plan on taking the last train to Paris after the ceremony.

Panel 1: All the awards are given out without my name being called, only one remains…

Panel 2: I wonder if this is going to end like the other times I've been nominated…

Panel 3: No, this time it's my turn. They give me the fauve d'or! Wow!

Panel 4: Shoot! You can't see anything with all of the lights.

Panel 1: I've got a dry throat and a trembling voice, but I manage to say what's in my heart.

Panel 2: The ceremony ends, the theatre empties quickly. Everyone who won a prize poses for a photo, I answer a journalist's questions and they give me a cardboard box to transport my award.

Panel 4: Those who don't have a train to catch are invited to party at the Delcourt booth.

Panel 2: "You OK? It's not too heavy?"

Panel 1: "It's OK."

Archive

HOME BACK Your Shopping Cart
ABOUT D+Q
ARTISTS
SHOP
EVENTS
PRESS
NEW
Newsletter
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


copyright 2010 drawn & quarterly