Drawn and Quarterly Your Shopping Cart
Home About Artists Shop Events Press New Blog 211 Bernard Store Blog
Monday, March 18, 2013

Miriam Katin in Boston tomorrow night!


Miriam Katin's second graphic memoir, LETTING IT GO, hits shops tomorrow, and in honour of its release, she'll be in Boston at the Brookline Booksmith. Join her for a signing and presentation about her work. Tuesday March 19 at 7 pm,  279 Harvard St. 

Clay Fernald has a short interview with Miriam in this week's Dig Boston, where he asks, "Were you compelled to write and draw these stories of your life for historical, personal or artistic reasons?"

"The stories my mother told me about the war, about our family and our survival were like a daily running narrative in my mind through my life. An uninvited, unwanted presence. They begged to be told. But I am not a writer (as I don’t have one language good enough to write a book with) and also I thought, "Who needs another Holocaust novel"? Then, when I discovered the comics for myself I knew that this way, with drawing and few words I can express myself."

A petite reminder to New Yorkers: Miriam will be in NYC at Book Culture on Thursday night. 

Archive

HOME BACK Your Shopping Cart
ABOUT D+Q
ARTISTS
SHOP
EVENTS
PRESS
NEW
Newsletter
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


copyright 2010 drawn & quarterly